Chiang Mai Design Awards (CDA)
Chiang Mai Design Awards (CDA) by Creative Chiang Mai
The Annual Chiang Mai Design Awards (CDA) by Creative Chiang Mai is an initiative that aims to promote innovation and creativity across a range of design categories.
The first Chiang Mai Design Award was launched in 2012 and we are now entering its sixth year
Each year, more than 20 voluntary judges (this year almost 40) and advisors dedicate their time to this award – many of them are well-recognized designers, university lecturers in relevant fields - or professionals with an interest in design.
The CDA focuses on contemporary design. There are six broad categories: (1) Architecture & interior design, (2) product design such as crafts, furniture, decorative Items and fashion accessories, (3) new media including animation, fonts, videos, websites etc., (4) branding/corporate identity design, (5) packaging design, and (6) retail design and merchandising display. The CDA sometimes also gives special awards to young or new designers, eco-design, and other fields.
More information can be found at:
The criteria are intentionally broad:
- Creativity and innovation in design and look and feel, production, functionality or use of materials
- Quality (of production, finishing details)
- Created in Chiang Mai or a physical presence in Chiang Mai (e.g. branded retail shop)
Selected designs will benefit from;
- Free consultation on further the product development, marketing, market access, etc. by TCDC, CMU STeP experts, and the judges and advisors.
- Higher profile with government agencies, Creative Chiang Mai local and international partners, and other design awards like Demark etc.
- Free exhibition space, during the design awards and potential other exhibitions.
- Free coverage in the CDA booklet publication, showing all award winners.
- Marketing, public recognition, and PR.
- Promoting Chiang Mai as city with good designs and products
Promoting Chiang Mai, designers, and good designas a whole is an important aspect. It might be indirect, but we believe it should be a strong reason to support and participate in the CDA.
Strategic Partners, Supporters and Sponsors
The CDA awards are supported by the various universities and their design, architecture and new media faculties, the Chiang Mai University Science & Technology Park (CMU STeP), the TCDC, as well as other Creative Chiang Mai network members such as Idea House, NOHMEX, DITP, deco-moda and Citylife. We always welcome additional partners and sponsors.
CDA2017 Photo Gallery
CDA2017 Photo Gallery
- Chiang Mai Design Awards (CDA) by Creative Chiang Mai
- CDA Judges
- CDA Judges and Advisors 2017
- CDA Judges and Advisors 2014-2016
- CDA Judges 2013
- CDA Judges 2012
- CDA Winners
- CDA 2017 Winners
- CDA 2016 Winners
- CDA 2015 Winners
- CDA 2014 Winners
- CDA 2013 Winners
- CDA 2012 Winners
- CDA on Facebook
- CDA2017 Photo Gallery
- Download Application Forms
- CDA Booklet 2016-2017